a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sun Cat / Sunday Cat near Macon GA?

Started by ultraclyde, June 27, 2016, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultraclyde

Hi all - my wife and I are looking at buying a larger boat than our current 14' Vagabond daysailer. The Sun Cats and Sunday Cats are on our short list since we'll be trailering but want a stable, comfortable boat to spend time on.  The Cats are fairly rare here in Central Georgia so we have no actual experience with them. I was hoping there might be a proud owner near Macon, GA that might be willing to let us take a look around their boat. Not asking to take it out, but I'd love to sit in the cockpit and duck inside the cabin for a minute to get a feel for its size.

Tom L.

I have a 2001 Sun Cat that you are welcome to come take a look at. But it is in central Florida. We live in The Villages, the exit off I-75 is #329. Let me know if you want to drive down to get a feel. It's a good distance from Macon but you are welcome. I was going to sell it last year to buy a Horizon Cat but I had medical uncertainties that stopped me from moving on the Horizon. That may change soon.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

ultraclyde

Thanks Tom. If we get down that way I'll send you a message ahead of time and try to connect, but I don't have any trips planned that way right now.

Tom L.

Yep I understand. It's about a 5 hour drive.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat