a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Problems with my buttons

Started by brackish, June 17, 2016, 07:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

None of my buttons work anymore.  Italics, underline, etc.  It could go back to the last change in the forum software but I'm not sure.  I used to just highlight the area I wanted treated and hit the button.  Doesn't do it now.  Am I doing something wrong?

Salty19

Seems to work ok for me?

I'll look into it.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

brackish

Update, works fine on my desktop, but not on my newer laptop.  Maybe a Windows 10 thing.

brackish

Still no go on my laptop.  No buttons will work including spell check.  I can preview and post and that is it.  This is on a relatively new Toshiba laptop with all the bells and whistles running windows 10.  My old windows 7 desktop does just fine.  Any of you computer guru's have a clue.  On the tech continuum if scaled 1-10, I'm about a 3, just one click ahead of Bob23.

Citroen/Dave

My Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 still has unresolved problems . . .  But not like yours.  I had to hard wire my connection to the cable to stop blue screening.  It still drops the internet every couple on minutes.   I wish I and my local repair shops had the knowledge to help.

Good luck.
'87 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

brackish

Quote from: Citroen/Dave on July 04, 2016, 09:16:36 AM
My Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 still has unresolved problems . . .  But not like yours.  I had to hard wire my connection to the cable to stop blue screening.  It still drops the internet every couple on minutes.   I wish I and my local repair shops had the knowledge to help.

Good luck.

Yours sounds more like a router/modem compatibility problem.  I had similar problems with all my wireless devices until I changed them both out.  Problems gone.  Is it just the Toshiba or do you have problems with other wireless devices dropping the internet?

Citroen/Dave

I have direct wired to the router.  All other components work fine.  I was not willing to pay a geek to come to the house to resolve the Toshiba / router problem.
'87 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

brackish

Quote from: Citroen/Dave on July 05, 2016, 12:55:16 PM
I have direct wired to the router.  All other components work fine.  I was not willing to pay a geek to come to the house to resolve the Toshiba / router problem.

In my case some were direct wired, some where not.  All had the same problems. It was Comcast's modem, my router.  I had Comcast put in a combo (no additional charge) and all is well.  Had the same problem with my MIL's equipment with Charter.  In that case we changed out both components with our own replacements.  Problem solved.