a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Summer sailing plans?

Started by alsantini, April 10, 2016, 09:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

t seems kinda quiet here so I thought I might get another topic going.  What are your sailing plans for the summer?  I will put my Eclipse into Lake Mendota up in Madison Wisconsin a couple of times hopefully in April.  Then it is into the slip at Bayview marina on Pistakee Lake until mid-July.  I plan on going to CLR at Carlyle Lake, Illinois for 5 days of sailing in July.  Then back to Bayview for the remainder of the season.  Currently planning on pulling her back to Florida in November for the winter.  I am ordering vinyl letters for both sides of the Eclipse "Off the Wind"  That and the chart plotter are probably the only add ons this season although I am still contemplating a new suit of sails.  How about the rest of you?  Any trips near Pistakee Lake (Northern Illinois) should involve a day of sailing with me - always welcome.  Sail on....  Al

crazycarl

the boat will come out of indoor storage at the end of this month.

after cleaning her up, she'll be sailed on lakes geneva and delavan.  lake michigan out of winthrop harbor, clinton lake, and of course CLR.

the plan right now is to take her the keys the second half of september.

c.c.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

TedStrat

Similar here...out of storage late April and into the driveway for cleanup. Launch and get into slip in Huntington harbor in early May. Plan for the usual day trips around Long Island sound with a possible trip to Montauk in the works and keep Helios out there for a few weeks. Contemplating the chesapeak trip planned here but not sure yet if I can spare the time off work. If not, sights are set on Chesapeake for early fall. That's the plan anyway - What's the saying; the best laid plans of mice and men!
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

ChuckD

Al,
My CP16 has been in a saltwater slip (and sailed 3-4X per week) since February.

Since it's my first year sailing, Sequim Bay, WA has been my lovely training ground. By summer, I want to:
. venture out into the Strait of Juan de Fuca
. round Protection Island
. explore nearby Discovery Bay

I'm getting the hang of her! I've had to reef the main a couple times - good practice. I still need to learn her limits - how far she can safely heel. Compared to motorcycle riding (IMO), this is much more challenging. While biking may be more about testosterone - sailing is adrenaline! (I've never exclaimed "Holy...!" so many times in my life!)
Chuck
s/v Walt Grace (CP16)
Sequim, WA

kickingbug1

all i know is that im gonna sail a lot, the lake isnt flooded this spring.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

BruceW

I'll be trying to sail my CP 23 from the New Bern, NC area down the Neuse River to Oriental; hoping to take it further and go down the ICW to Beaufort and out to Cape Lookout also, at least once this year.

Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

Bob23

Plans? Sail. I don't have to go far...I just want to sail. That's the plan. At the earliest, Koinoina will be in next Saturday. I've recently realized that life is getting shorter...sail now!!!!
A Chesapeake cruise of some sort is on the plan...just need to work out the logistics and timing.
Bob23

hoddinr

Nomad will be put in storage during the heat of the Florida summer. 

Our sailing season is best between October and June.

Ron

lkm

Currently waiting for trailer brake rotors :(  Mine were apparently bad after only 2 years.

But hopefully at least one sail before the end of the month, weekend weather dependent.  (I still have that job thing M-F)
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Mike K

I'm planning on painting the bottom this weekend, polish and wax the topside next weekend, soon followed by launching and putting the boat (Precision 21 in this case) in it's new rented slip on the Bohemia River on the Upper Chesapeake. 

After that, lots of daysails, with maybe an overnight trip to Northeast MD, or to Mount Harmon on the Susquehanna.

Assuming the final date of the BBB (Barnegat Bay Bash) works out for me, I may trailer the boat up to NJ and splash around up there with fellow ComPacians. 

I'm going to Florida in June, so if it's not too hot, I may take the little ComPac Legacy out for a day sail on Charlotte Harbor by launching from Punta Gorda.

And hey, isn't it about time for the 2nd Annual HOTCR (Head of the Chesapeake Rendezvous)??   Anyone?  Anyone?  Beuller?

And if I can scrape together cash and vacation time, we may rent a good old (big) sailboat from Boatbound.co for 3-4 days and sail across the Chesapeake from Annapolis to St. Michaels, like we did the last 2 years.

I guess that's enough plans, eh?

Mike
Mike K.  2015 Eclipse  Previously owned Com-Pac Legacy, Precision 21, MacGregor 21 Seaward 25

Bob23

Good plans, Mike and I hope you can make it to the BBB! Of course, you know the rules: Any non Compac-o-naut must bring all the beer!!! Hope to see you there. We should update the dates this week.
Bob23