Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Boomkicker

Started by deisher6, March 15, 2016, 09:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deisher6

Hey:
Finally got financing approved for the installation of a Boomkicker and a vang.

I ordered an extra lower, sail slot fitting, and a Boomkicker roller bail to install a vang.  I used an old main sheet rig for the vang.

The bottom sail slot fitting is through bolted to the front of the sail slot (drilled and tapped). Unfortunately it is probably tapped into the mast step. I do not recall what the step looks like, but the bottom bolt definitely went into a lot of metal. I will deal with any problems if/when I ever unstep the mast.

Still have to go up the mast and unpin the topping lift.

The installation was straight forward and simple.   I am looking forward to trying it out.

I will admit that I was having trouble getting the Boomkicker to flex using both the vang and main sheet.  Thought that I was going to have to swap out the tubes for lighter ones......then it occurred to me that I needed to slack off on the topping lift!!!!! duh!

regards charlie

BobK

Looks nice.  Need to put one on my Christmas list.
BobK

Craig

Had 'em on my last two boats. Love 'em! Really simplifies life. Less lines to pull. No chance of the boom accidentally falling into the cockpit and beaning the first mate! Makes raising an dousing sail a piece of cake, especially singlehanded. That pesky topping lift will become superfluous!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

redfishnc

Nice job Charlie.  That looks like a definite improvement.  The topping lift and i are not good friends.