a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Why it pays to proof-read classifieds

Started by KeithV, October 04, 2015, 12:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithV

Once again, my wife is right and I am wrong! I posted our 2004 Horizon Cat for sale last month. She asked me today if I had any inquiries. I said No. She asked how much I was asking for the boat. I told her $27,000. She looked at the ad and said "well, your ad says $37,000". As usual, she is correct. My finger must have slipped and I never noticed. So, if you know of anyone looking for a like-new Horizon Cat (for $27,000) that has been lightly sailed in fresh water for only 3 seasons, please let me know. Thanks.

Like-new ComPac Horizon Cat! SAILED IN FRESH WATER FOR ONLY 3 (that's right...THREE) SUMMER SEASONS. STORED INDOORS AT ALL OTHER TIMES. Only 20 hours on the engine. This boat is so lightly used that the sail still makes a "crinkling" sound when you lower it! Stored in a barn from 2004 to 2014 makes this boat as new as a used boat can be. $27,000 or best offer. Serious buyers only please. 216-292-5799. keithvoigt1@gmail.com

2002 ComPac Horizon Cat.
http://www.com-pacyachts.com/trailerable-catboats/horizon-cat.html

EXTRAS INCLUDE:
-VacuFlush electric toilet with macerator and 25 gallon holding tank.
-iCom VHF radio.
-B&G Depth and Knotmeter.
-Second reef on mainsail.
-7HP Westerbeke diesel engine with only 20 hours.
-Bulkhead mount compass.
-Deck hardware upgrade for lines led to cockpit.
-Transom boarding ladder.
-10amp dual battery charger with 110V deck inlet.
-2 batteries NEW 2014.
-Electric automatic/manual bilge pump.
-Bimini (Sunbrella) NEW 2014.
-Bottom anti-fouling paint NEW 2014.
-Cockpit cushions.
-Teak cockpit grate (all topside teak stripped and ready for your choice of oil or varnish).
-Wheel steering with teak wheel.
-Hatch screen.
-Sunbrella sail cover and wheel cover.
-Bruce claw anchor and rode.
-Custom trailer with spare tire.

STANDARDS INCLUDE:
-Mastendr quick-rig sailing system.
-Retractable keel.
-Fiberglass kick-up rudder with control handle.
-2 adult size berths with 3" fabric cushions.
-Galley with ice chest, sink, butane stove.
-Teak and holly cabin sole.
-10 gallon water tank with deck fill.
-4 opening portholes with screens.
-Nav lights, cabin lights, switch panel.
-Manual bilge pump.
-Teak and stainless steel boom gallows.
-Stainless steel anchor roller and teak bow sprit.
-Self bailing cockpit.
-Teak hatch boards.

SPECIFICATIONS:
LOA: 20FT
LWL: 17FT 9IN
BEAM: 8FT 4IN
DRAFT: 2FT 2IN (board up). 5FT (board down)
DISP: 2500 LBS.
BALLAST: 600 LBS.
SAIL AREA: 205 SQ. FT.
MAST HT: 23FT 4IN (sail down). 29FT 4IN (sail up)

archimedes

It might be a good idea to post a link to your ad. 

Based on all the info the you provided above there is no way of knowing where your boat is.  Miami?  Seattle?  It might be helpful to someone shopping.

Best of luck on the sale.

nicktulloh

ALSO SOME PICTURES OF THE ACTUAL BOAT ARE ESSENTIAL.

KeithV

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't figure out how to post pictures on this site. Any advice is welcome.

rbh1515

Here are some simple directions I posted previously:
Rob

Go to Photobucket and set up an account.
Click on Upload....you can upload from Computer, Facebook or URL.  My photos are on my computer.  Click "choose photos and videos"  Choose the file your photo is in, click the photo and it will download.  Once it is downloaded, the photo shows up on the lower part of the page.  Click on it.  Then you see the photo and to the right click in the box to the right next to IMG ("Copied" shows up in the box).  This will copy the link.  You can now go to CPYOA, start a reply, and paste the link (easiest way is to click "control v").  The photo should show up in your post and you are good to go.

The directions I posted were for a PC.  The only difference for an iMac is the last part when you paste the link.  Instead of "control v" click "command v" on the iMac.  It really is a pretty easy process using photobucket.
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

mdueweke

Say Keith

I am not looking for a new HC, because I have a 2004 HC myself, but I was wondering if I could visit one day this fall and see how you added some of the options to your boat that you list.

Mike in Livonia