Main Menu

VHF Mounting Location

Started by Patrick, June 24, 2015, 12:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Where do you all have your VHF Mounted?
Does that work well for you?
Where would you like to have it setup?

Mine is in the companionway and it isn't a good location for us.  I snagged the Active Captain special and got a B&G V50 with the H50 Handset.  I'm thinking of the handset being installed on the pedestal but want to move the main radio elsewhere as it's inconveniently located and pulling the panel down.

I have seen pictures of them mounted in the forward port bulkhead and with custom mounts on the port side.

Thanks for any guidance.
CP 27/2 - #169 - Sagacity - Peoria Heights, IL

Tney88

Ours is mounted on a panel above the aft end of the port settee, and then we have a wireless handset that we use at the steering pedestal.  The charger for the handset is mounted on the bulkhead just portside of the companionway steps, along with a charger for the portable VHF radio.  It's a workable arrangement.

Terry Ney
2004 CP 27 "Paradiso"
Veneta, OR
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

relamb

Mine was mounted sideways on the port bulkhead inside the companionway, above the sink, close to the ceiling, Could be used from inside or outside the cabin.
Does that location work?  I don't know, because the vintage 1988 radio is still packed in it's original box and looks like brand new.
I think it was installed, taken off the brackets, and maybe never used.  I have not tried it.

I have two handhelds that I use instead.  One waterproof that I use in the dinghy, and also keep attached to myself when I'm solo sailing.
The second I bought on a whim because it was so cheap.  It seems to work fine, but water resistant not waterproof.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00126K8BM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Rick
Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN