a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New cat in the water

Started by rbh1515, May 20, 2015, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

My HDC got delivered last nite.  I got out of work early to get her in the water.   Here she is!

I motored her over to the dock from the boat launch area.  Was a bit nervous about the Torqeedo...would it have enough power....would it work.  It was fantastic.  Very strange, because it was so quite, and pushed her along effortlessly.  I used the remote throttle which is connected to the engine via a cable.  Did not have to reach back to switch from forward to reverse.  Only used 5% of the battery power to move her over.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Bob23

Welcome to the family, Miss Woodless HC! Rob, you sound like a proud Papa! Best to you and many happy hours together on the water!
Bob

Jim23

Beautiful boat! I may have to go to an HDC after the kids are out. Tons of room for entertaining and easy rigging (I'm assuming). I had visions of hauling my 23 to distant waters but set up time has encouraged me to stay at the local marina all season.

I'll be curious to hear more about your experience with the Torqeedo. Sounds like it might be perfect for your boat.

Salty19

Gorgeous boat,Rob! Hope you really enjoy her!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Craig

Looking good Rob! Welcome to the HC ranks. You are going to love her! The HC is a great boat! Keep us posted on your experiences.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

rbh1515

Another pic of the boat.  I'm on call at the hospital for the next 7 days, so won't get out sailing for a week.
Rob

2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End