a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

anybody have a mini dodger?

Started by Tney88, May 11, 2015, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tney88

Anybody have a mini dodger on their CP-27?  The kind that are only as wide as the companionway, rather than the full width of the cabin.  I've seen these on other boats, and am wondering how they might look and work on our boats.

Terry Ney
Com-Pac 27 "Paradiso"
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Tom L.

I had one on a Potter 19. Never used it. It blocked to much of the forward view and really didn't do much to keep rain out of the companionway. A relatively low cabin width dodger makes more sense. You can get behind it to dodge bow spray and rain. Connect it to a Bimini...even better.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

Tney88

Tom, I appreciate your insights on this.  My problem with low dodgers is that being over 6 ft tall, I find a low dodger makes climbing in and out of the companionway a royal pain.  I know Linn and Larry Pardey had designed a fold-down dodger that just protected the companionway, maybe I will look up the details on that.  Knowing their thriftiness, it couldn't have been an expensive option!
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Bob23

I have a mini dodger that came with my 23. Although it's totally useless, it does give the boat a nice 50's car cropped windshield look. I never use it. If someone wants it, it's yours.
Bob23

Tney88

Hi, Bob,

I'd like to give it a try.  I'd gladly pay shipping if you're willing to give it away.  You can email me at tney88@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Terry Ney
CP-27 "Paradiso"
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Bob23

I'll try to find a photo of it. And yes, I'm giving it away. Where are you located and will you be at CLR 2015?
Bob

Tney88

Hi, Bob,

I'd love to have it.  I'm in Oregon, and no, not planning to make the trek for CLR.  Shipping is the best option, if you are willing to pack it up and send it off, I'll pay any costs for that.

Terry
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Bob23

I'll get an estimate and pm you with the cost. I don't believe this comes apart lengthwise.
Bob

Tney88

That would be great, thanks.

Terry
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Tney88

Bob, did you ever get a price on shipping that dodger?  My zip code is 97487.

Terry Ney
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

Bob23

Terry:
  I completely forgot. I'm gonna email you some photos. One shows a small hole in the isinglass. I don't have measurements for you but I can get them.
Bob