a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sarasota area help received

Started by PalmettoSailor, January 28, 2015, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmettoSailor

I decided to make a new post out of this hoping that many would read. My post for information re the sarasota, fl area for sailing, launching and general knowlege didn't go unheeded. Several of you gave me excellent information which I saw first hand this week.
One of you, though, was kind enough to show me around the Nokomis and Venice area. I just want to tell all of you that read this that Al Santini is one hell of a nice guy.  He took Bettie and me on a very enjoyable and informational jaunt around his area and made us want to move there. Quite a nice gesture for someone who had only met me via internet.
If the rest of the guys and gals on this board are as nice as Al, then I look forward to meeting you. I am very appreciative of the people I have met thus far and the terrific information I have gleaned from these posts.
Happy Sailing everyone!
Marc

Steady1

Marc - that sounds like a great experience. While cruising New England last summer, CPYOA members were good enough to connect with us along the way. We're now on the Gulf Coast of Florida, headed south to Venice for a couple of nights this weekend, then work our way back down to Fort Myers.  It's been a great trip and it's definitely the people you meet along the way who make it memorable (like Bob23 and Bruce on Allure)!

Bill
Steadfast
'97 CP 27/2
Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA

Allure2sail

Hi Bill:
Was great meeting you and your Kate as well. Had fun at Dutch Harbor and will heading there myself at least a few times this season. Best wishes in the future.
Bruce
S/V Allure
Swansea, MA