a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Horizon Day Cat Ordered

Started by rbh1515, October 31, 2014, 09:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

I have ordered my Horizon Day Cat.  Pretty excited!  It won't be delivered until this spring, but that's OK since the weather won't be good for about 6 months.  Today its in the 30's with gale force winds, and gusts up to 46mph, and 15 foot waves.  This will be a big change from my previous boat, a Catalina 28.  I love the idea of one sail.
I'm going to use a Torqeedo 1003 for auxillary power, and get a remote throttle so I don't have to reach back for the tiller handle.
Also going to install a boom kicker, and put together a home made set of Lazy Jacks.  Don't think I need much more for daysailing.
Thanks for all the advise so far.  I think its going to be a great little daysailer on Lake Michigan.  Just need to come up with a name.   Have all winter for that.
Rob

2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Bob23

Congrats, Rob:
   Send a photo when she arrives.
Bob23

TedStrat

Rob, you are exactly where I was last year at this time when I bought my Eclipse. Delivery in the spring couldn't come fast enough. All I can say is congrats and it's going to be a long winter but a time to read up, study and dream about launching. I studied every photo, read this forum every day and thought long and hard about names and trips and gear. I couldn't wait, and the good news is that the spring and summer which followed came before I knew it and it exceeded my expectations.
Out on Long Island NY, I once again find  myself in a similar position - 25 kt winds and rain today and same tomorrow. I will prob sail Tuesday and then take Helios out and put away for another long winter, followed by reading, dreaming, cruising the forum and looking forward to spring.  It's great to have something to look forward to so hunker down and enjoy the ride. Congratulations again.
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

rbh1515

They are starting the build any day.  Picked all my colors.  White hull and top sides with red boot stripe.
Also will have no wood except the tiller and bow sprit.  Instead of the teak eye brow, I'll have a navy stripe.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End