a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Time to sell my Sun Cat

Started by oddduck, September 17, 2014, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddduck

Due to little use, I have placed my 2007 Sun Cat "Odd Duck" for sale in the classified section. :(

Dennis

Craig

Sorry to hear that Dennis! Odd Duck is a cool little Suncat! I was "on the beach" for several years and really missed the water. Prior to that I always had a boat. Most were not used to the max but just knowing they were there was comforting. Likewise with Kailani. She is there whenever I choose to take her out or not as the case may be. She is our little starship that can take us away. Like my favorite sailing ballad "Sailing" says "the canvas can do miracles". I went through a period in my life in which my boat kept me grounded and able to cope knowing that if my world collapsed I could sail away into a new horizon. Boats are in reality more than things, they represent an alternative world in our harried lives. Sorry if I waxed overly poetic! Sail on!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

oddduck

Thanks Craig.  I agree with your perspective on the "boat thing" entirely.  Ironically, part of my problem is that I built a little 12 ft catboat a couple years ago on a lark.  The idea was something small for just day-sailing.  It turns out that that is the boat we normally choose for those unplanned spur of the moment sails.  We will definitely miss the overnight/multi-day (mostly with the WCTSS) outings that the Sun Cat is so perfect for, as the 12 footer is not fit for sleeping, but we can still sail!  :)

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis, I'm somewhat surprised to hear that your Sun Cat is For Sale, and then again, I'm not.

After 4 years I too have had thoughts of possibly selling "Frisky" for several reasons, one of which is lack of use. Others are that I have three (3) boats, just finished building a fourth (a wooden dinghy from scratch) and my wife really likes our 17' Bow Rider with 90 HP OB. Furthermore, I'm already considering plans for my next boat build!

Nevertheless, she quickly reminds me that it's ours (paid for) and there for my pleasurable use whenever the spirit and weather move me.

And finally, I am in 100% agreement with Craig - couldn't have said it better.

capt_nemo

Tom Ray

I need to check in here more often!

Sorry to hear you're selling (have sold?) the boat, Dennis. Was hoping to see you again at the Nationals! Come anyway if you wish!