a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Missing part on my CP 16

Started by Alexander, April 12, 2014, 03:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

I'm missing the pin that goes through the fitting on the boom at the mast gooseneck and holds the bottom front of the sail to the boom. I don't know what the original looks like. I can guess but I would appreciate it if an owner could send or post a quick picture of the factory pin so I can try to match it at West Marine. I assume it's some kind of standard rigging part. Thanks, Bob

carry-on

Nothing available to take a picture. I think you are looking for a "fast pin" , probably 1.5 inch. length and  3/16 diameter to connect the tack of  your main sail to the gooseneck. WM part #102566 ($7.79). You could sail with a bolt and nut to make the connection, but a SS quick pin is convenient. If your gooseneck does not have a two sided  fitting to receive the pin and a hook to hold the luff when you reef, you have a different problem.
Might call Hutchins parts department at 727-443-4408 to confirm pin size.
Hope you enjoy your 16.
$UM FUN TOO

CP-16 Hull# 2886

JTMeissner

It's a "Tack Pin with Roll Pin."  Normally it comes with the Gooseneck Casting, but separately available.  More discussion here:

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=7352.msg54240#msg54240

-Justin

Alexander

That's the one, thank you, you guys are a great resource. I am using a bolt and nut but the nut could "wiggle" off in a day of sailing so I think I'll get the pin and carry the bolt in my spare kit. Thanks again. Bob