Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Eclipse Clothing Apparel

Started by Glenn Basore, February 28, 2014, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

Hi all,

Since I've owned my 2006 Eclipse I've always wanted to have a nice wind breaker or jacket with the Com Pac logo and a picture of my Eclipse on the back.

Some time ago, I did go to the Com Pac site and looked at what they were offering, hats, t shirt but no jackets.

I would like a nice white Jacket with the Hunter green color of my boat used for the picture ( out line) of my boat and lettering.

Anyone have an idea how or where I could get this made up and the cost ?

I was also thinking, if there was enough of us interested in a jacket, may be we could place a group order for several jackets.

Glenn

Eagleye

Hi Glenn,
I have often thought of that myself but I haven't seen anything with the Eclipse image yet.  May I will poke around and see what images are available or find a source to have one made.

How is the sailing going on the west coast? 

-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Glenn Basore

Hi all,

I sent Gerry an email asking if it would be permissible to use his company Logo and a sketch of the Eclipse for "T " shirt, Sweat shirt or possibly a jacket.

Gerry said he gets this request all the time and he sent me the Company Logo and a drawing of the Eclipse.

So, I've seen some TV advertising where you can have a T shirt made up with your design and I'm thinking of trying this. I don't know if you can get one T shirt made, they might require an order of 10 or more. If this is the case and if there are enough of us interested in having something made up, we could do this as a group ? There are several design possibilities I have,

1. Sail boat drawing on the back with the logo on left breast pocket area.
2. Sail boat on back with logo under neither the boat.
3. Sail boat only on back.
4. Logo only on back.

Although I want a T shirt, I would like a nice wind breaker like the Port Authority jacket with or without a hood.

I'm terrible about posting pictures on this site, if anyone is interested in getting a copy of the Logo and drawing feel free to contact me.

Glenn

Mokey7

My parents own a embroidery shop. The can take almost ant logo / picture / whatever and turn it into a single or multicolor design. There is an initial cost for getting the design done, but it is a one time fee (like $100-$200, depending on the size), and you own the design. Also there is no minimum order. Unfortunately their business does not have a website, so calling is the only option. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send their info.

Steady1

Glenn / Mokey:

If someone wants to see the new logo, I just up-loaded to Photobucket the one Gerry sent me to have some shirts made.

I had a shop do just the "C" with the name of our boat on left chest of a couple of polos and fleece pull-overs.  But that was embroidery.  For the line-drawing of the boat, it sounds like you'd want a place that does printing, instead.  These gals just do embroidery.

Bill

Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA

Eagleye

Glenn,
Please email me what you have.  I would like to see what Gerry sent you. 

Bill,
Do you have the link the logo you posted?
Thanks,
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Glenn Basore

Ok,

I fell behind on this.

Originally , for my self I wanted a couple of T shirts and a windbreaker jacket. Having the jacket embroidery was the idea I had in mind and the T shirt "printed"

I'm guessing the Logo is the most current Logo being used by Com Pac.

I like the idea of the boat on the back of a T shirt and Jacket. The Logo looks large but may be it could be sized to fit over the left breast pocket area, anyone else have some design ideas ? Suggestions ?

Glenn

MacGyver

Steady 1 (Bill),

What photobucket did you upload it too? I am thinking about maybe getting some stuff done and would like to get that logo you have from Gerry.

Thanks, Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Glenn Basore

Mac,

I haven't uploaded it to anything. I received it as an email from Gerry. 

If you want to send me an email I can then forward it to you.

Glenn

Steady1

Ahoy, Mac et al:

This is not an exercise with which I've had the greatest success but here goes.  Try this:

It's cropped a bit as shown but you get the idea.  It looks huge here but the work I had done was much smaller, about the size of a nickel.  Make it easy on yourself; contact the people at Rich's Stitches at www.richsstitches.com  They've done the set-up already.

Just sayin'

Bill
Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA

Glenn Basore

Hey,
Pretty good picture,

I was wondering if the circle was suppose to be below the dark line, and if you could edit it so the dark line is not touching the circle.

Glenn

Steady1

No, I can't but whoever is your vendor can.  That's something the embroidery shop did when I placed our order, i.e., altered the file from Hutchins Co. (as shown) to look the way I wanted.  If you do silkscreen or printing, instead, the shop also should be able to edit the file. 
Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA