a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Jib sail

Started by Sterling, February 09, 2014, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceW

I think it's 130% of the J, which, smaller in Mark I, might not really be much more sail.
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

mandolinut

I have the 11o and the 150. Since I added a roller furler for the jib, all I use is the 150.  The furler allows the sail to become  a storm jib, a 110, a 130, a 150 etc.
My 2 cents is to go with the 150 and get a furler. You will not be disapointed.

hinmo

Mandolinut - can you provide details about the furler....brand, new stay?, sail made for the furler (cost?)

Thanks....definitely on my wish list

skip1930

Anybody ever measure the length of the booms on various CP's?

Maybe a hammock could be skinned and supported under the boom. [Bare in mind we'd need some line, either jack line from a back stay or from the masthead to hold up the boom.

skip.

BruceW

I am thinking some kind of extender to the boom to hold the stern end of the hammock. Or, if there is a mast crutch, on the stern somewhere, maybe it can do the work.

That's a cool picture of the sails and parts; I saved it for future use!
Bruce Woods

skip1930

I suppose if a longer boom is desired just order a new boom tube cut to a new length from Dwyer and insert both castings.
Castings are either riveted on or screwed on, makes no difference.

Dwyer [ I think from Indiana ] can UPS you a new tube. Look at the on-line catalog.

skip

BruceW

That's a thought; Keith Scott has had some interesting re-configurations on some of his boats.  I had the long boom on the Suncat, with a boom gallows for trailering. Maybe just a strong boom gallows would do the trick, or of course, switching out the boom.

First, though, I'm going to see if my current frame will fit. Should be going to the boat this week; I'll load the frame into the car while I'm thinking about it.
Bruce Woods