a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sail Cover

Started by Jon898, January 21, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon898

The 14 year old sail cover for the PC finally gave up the ghost, with more tears and fading than was reasonable.

After looking around, I decided to try Lonesome Pines Canvas from the link at the bottom left side of The Sailboat Company's site ( http://www.ipass.net/sailboat/ ).  I spoke with John Fortune, and he proposed calling back when he had located the dimensions or could find the pattern.  After a couple of days he called to say he'd not been able to get the dimensions and could I measure the old one.  I provided him with a dimensioned sketch and a couple of photos, following which he called for some clarifications and with a (very reasonable) price.  I told him to proceed, and about 3 weeks later a box arrived with the cover and an enclosed invoice for the agreed price.

The cover is well made and incorporates some improvements over the original one based on John's recommendations.  Good work and a pleasure to deal with them.  Judging from the web linkage, he offers some other items as well.

BruceW

Glad to hear you tried them out; when the time comes, I'll do the same! I have done business with Keith for years, and I think John is affiliated with his shop somehow, in addition to his canvas work.
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23