- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Free Boat 20' 1977 RK 20

Started by Tim Gardner, December 10, 2013, 05:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Gardner

I have a free boat for anyone that wants it:

Second Page:

This boat is the swing Keel version.  She has been in a lift for the last 10 years.  She is at Smith Mountain Lake, VA   I'll sell a trailer for it if you need one.

PM me for more info

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

skip1930

Might be a great boat but that form/function following thing? ...  makes it very ugly.
Looks more like a spaceship than a sailship. Somebody had to say it.

It's not a bad boat. Just not a traditional looking boat. The kind I like. Just me. Boats should look like this.
Can't beat the price though.

Might be good to chop saw apart for the fittings.

skip.
 :-X

brackish

OH No, Tim, please don't tell me you are starting on a fleet reduction program. ;)  I currently use you as an example when trying to convince the Admiral we need another boat. ;D

Looks like a flush deck.  One of my early boats was a flush deck.  Had more fun with that thing.  The deck was usually covered with various wives and/or girlfriends of the crew sunbathing.  When we were young.....

Tim Gardner

Brack,

My Fleet suddenly increased in total fleet feet by 44.  This boat and a 24' pontoon.  Both were "FREE" boats.  My storage yard is beginning to look like a boatyard.  So many boats, so little time.  He who dies with the most boats, wins? ???

Tim "Total Tonnage" Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

wes

Tim - when you get offered a free Com-Pac 35, I'd very much appreciate a personal message before you post it. The 35 will be way too big for your lake, and I will do you a favor and take care of the transportation down to NC. No need to thank me.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Bob23

That Wes....what a friend. If you get offered two 35's, I'll take the second!
B23

Salty19

Tonnage,

So a free boat with trailer. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?   ;D

But seriously, that is cool to offer up a free boat.  Christmas spirit must of moved ya 8)
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Craig

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Frankly I have seen other similar designs that with the proper trim paint looked great! Besides FREE is beautiful! Sail on RK20! ;D
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

rmotley

Love the PLAID cushions - brings back so many 70's memories

Could there possibly be SHAG carpet in the cabin?

mattman

I'm with you Craig, I have always thought a flush deck could be quite attractive, especially when I am foredeck and jibing the shute.
Happy sailing all.   

Craig

Right on! Much to be said for flush decks. ;D
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

guync5

Tim Gardner

Okay then  - some pics  of the boat and trailer:

Trailer :

Extend-O-Hitch:

Under tow to the marina:

On the trailer front starboard quarter:

Front port quarter:

Port quarter stern:

Starboard quarter stern:

Through the hatch:

Well, there you have her L & Gs, a dirty but FREE boat.  The dirt is accumulated mildew on the exterior and dirt dauber nest mud on the inside.  The PO's widow said the bottom paint was applied in 1997 and was never sailed again.  This boat just sat suspended over the water for the last 16 years.  I have a record of every dime spent on this boat since it was purchased new.  As a side note, while the sister boat the Ensenada 20 is a fractional rig, the RK20 is a masthead sail plan.