a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Owner

Started by atrometer, November 13, 2013, 03:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrometer

Well today I picked up a CP16 in good shape from a WCTTS co- member at a fair price, and who was very concerned that I was a happy customer - I am!  Thanks Lonnie.  On the drive home in our Kia Forte ECO we got an amazing 24.6 MPG towing and with AC on.  No dockage, no bottom painting every 2 years, cheap towing and she sails!!  Can't wait until I figure everything out and check it all.  THEN I'll go sailing and motoring with my 2 HP air cooled long shaft Honda.  Per Honda's fuel curve it looks like about 20 MPG.  Cool!  Lovin' it!

MKBLK

Atrometer - Welcome to the forum and the world of ComPac's, especially CP16's! Sounds like you're going to have a great time with your little sloop. I plan to pick up a Honda 2hp (soon as I can find one at a good price - used).

A trailer sailor I am. It seems everyone I know that has a CP23 would like to have a 16 in addition. Where do you sail? With Ol' man Winter arriving a tad early in the NE, I may have to put off my next sail 'til next Spring. If I can find a ramp... I'm there! ;D

Marty K.
CP16 Pegasus
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

atrometer

TYVM!  Southwest Florida, more specifically Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, and other barrier islands.  Or the Keys.  Come on down!

Short Sale

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the board.  If your experience is anything like mine, you are going to love that boat.

George
1987 Com-Pac 16/II #2454

MKBLK

atrometer - I'd love to "come on down"! The temps dipped below 20 last night. I'm afraid Pegasus isn't going to get her bottom wet 'til next Spring.

Enjoy!

Marty K.
1981 CP16 Pegasus
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch