a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 16/2 Inside room

Started by atrometer, November 04, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrometer

I know the cockpit length is 6'11" and the berth length is 8', BUT what is the length inside the cabin and NOT under the cockpit seats?  Do the 8' berth cushions extend all the way to the transom, or do they stop short (how much)?  Thank you in advance!

kickingbug1

its pretty tight in there. from about your hips down is under the cockpit seats and its pretty narrow as well. i have slept on my 16 and im 6'5' but thin at 205. i made a little ramp to put under the cushion to get my head up on the "shelf". that way i can move my hips forward. its not much of an overnighter unless you are pretty little
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

NateD

The cushions on my 16/1 didn't extend all the way, the ended about 1-1.5' before the transom. I think the distance from the companionway to the chain locker bulkhead is about 5'. But the cabin trunk hits the deck about 3' in from the companionway, so there isn't much headroom in the 2' aft of the chain locker bulkhead.