a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Super Saturday Sailing

Started by Spartan, September 29, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

We are having some fabulous fall weather in western PA.  I had a great day at the lake on Saturday.  I put together a prototype of a half hatch board with a couple of caddies for radio etc. and iPhone clip, I'll post some photos in a separate post.  We had steady but shifty winds which made for some nice sailing. Lake Arthur was the busiest I had seen all summer.  I had two random encounters while I was out, both sailors said they recognized boat from the Small Craft Advisor Article.  The first was another CP-16 (see photos below).  Looks like a nicely maintained boat, and from what I could hear chatting across boats was he had purchased from a lady who had a car, boat and house for sail. Apparently he got it for a "good" price. The second encounter was a guy I had met once about 15 years ago and sailed in his home built plywood 15' open boat. 

Here's some photos of the CP-16:

Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan

skip1930

Yep we had the same weather on Friday and Heck of a big blow yesterday. And not a breath of wind today.
I went sailing with reefed main and rolled up headsail.
Easily a steady 20+ mph wind. I found that the CP-19 could not come about without doing a jibe.
Sailing was fine, just dump the wind out of the main. keep her standing most up right.
It was a great but windy sailing day.

skip.