a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Need advice on fuse holder...

Started by jhansen1951, March 26, 2006, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhansen1951

I was out yesterday doing this and that on Straight Arrow and decided to check the fuses for corrosion, etc.  The fuse panel is a common type that I've seen on other boats including my former CP23, the cap is red, square on the outer end marked "Fuse" and round where it fits into the panel.  The fuses themselves are the glass/metal cylinder type.  The problem is that the caps are probably the original ones that came with the boat and the little snap hook that locks the cap in place broke on the first one I removed.  Of course, now the cap won't lock back into place.  I was dumb enough to try to remove a second one and the hook on it broke too.  Does anyone know of a source for these caps or the entire fuse holder unit?  It looks like I'll need about 9 of them.  I know I could completely rebuild the fuse panel and use more readily available fuse holders but I'd rather avoid doing so if possible.

Thanks,
John

ramble on

I just received an available parts list for the 23 from compac yachts. I bet it is listed. Call or email the company and they will get one right to you.

Ramble On

jhansen1951

Thanks, Ramble.  I'll do that.

John