a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

hi new here not to sailing

Started by Onehandsailor, September 12, 2013, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onehandsailor

I got this boat 3 weeks ago, it sat in someone's back yard for most of it's life, judging by the trailer, it looks like it was
never dipped in water but boat it was neglected and interior just rotted, hull and deck are rock solid.

removed the center pan, good luck no leak in to ballast, re glassed and made new pan with 6 OZ cloth.

MacGyver

Welcome!

Nice work, only thing you might want to find out about is if there was supposed to be anything for the cockpit support beneath the footwell.

I am not sure what 16s had, 19s have a giant foam block. Yours could be fixed with some supports holding up a 3/4 or 1" plywood sheet to support the floor with bracing up to it.

I have been pondering removing mine, and making a nice brace setup underneath it all.
Bonus would be extra storage.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Onehandsailor

Quote from: MacGyver on September 12, 2013, 07:37:21 PM
Welcome!

Nice work, only thing you might want to find out about is if there was supposed to be anything for the cockpit support beneath the footwell.

I am not sure what 16s had, 19s have a giant foam block. Yours could be fixed with some supports holding up a 3/4 or 1" plywood sheet to support the floor with bracing up to it.

I have been pondering removing mine, and making a nice brace setup underneath it all.
Bonus would be extra storage.

Mac

Thanks, removed that too mostly rotted plywood, on this one it was set further back just aft of center cockpit.
Made a new one out of 2x4 black pvc dock post bumpers, should last till the next ice age.