a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by Dingo, August 03, 2013, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

We've just bought a C19 for my daughter, asa prize for not mutinying too much over the last few years.

Based in the UK, we intend to use her around the estuaries and for a little bit of coastal work.

A very simple boat with no modifications; I guess the first one will be to put a foil round the rudder blade.

Great forum and a sense of shared purpose.

crazycarl

welcome dingo,

i like your description of yourself.  :D

i have cousins somewhere on your island, one has been in the raf since the '80s.

also, been following dylan winters travels for some years now, beautiful sailing grounds.

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Hi Dingo and welcome!
   What's the name of your boat? Looking forward to your contributions to this corner of sailing lunacy! If you value your reputation you'll think twice before throwing your lot in with this crew! In all seriousness, the folks here are the best. I may be stopping over at the UK on my way to Italy this fall if all goes according to plan, which as we know rarely happens.
   Do you guys sail on the left side of the channels?
Bob23

skip1930

Bob23 asked an interesting question. " Do you guys sail on the left side of the channels? "
I'm guessing since the daughter's CP-19 is in salt water, that the rule is 'green to the right when returning'.

As it is in the colony's when in fresh water, we sail ' red right returning' when sailing up stream. And 'green right returning' when in salt.
My foiled rudder came from IdaSalor in the middle of this country.

Speaking of foils, is the head sail on a furler or is it hanked on?

Anyway you hooked onto a great site.

Welcome aboard. skip.