a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Diagram or photo of running rigging.

Started by Robustoma, July 28, 2013, 03:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robustoma

Could someone post a photo or drawing showing how the running rigging is supposed to be set up
.  I'm replacing the old blocks with new Ones and of course got confused when I went to put it all together. Thanks for any help you can give.

Robustoma

Oh sorry.  Thought I was in the picnic cat forum. I'm specifically trying to figure out how to run the gaff or peak halyard, whatever it is called.  Does it go from base of the mast to the block at the top, then to the block on the gaff boom or whatever the top boom is then back to the attachment about 2 feet from the top of the mast where it is tied off? 

MacGyver

You are in the right place Robustoma.
Give it a few days, I am sure someone has pictures of it for you

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Bob23

R:
   Did you call the factory about a diagram? They are very helpful. I have no PC experience so I can't be very helpful. Maybe the Suncat and/or Horizon Cat have similiar rigs.
Bob23

Robustoma

I am going to call tomorrow.  Not sure how similar the rigs are.  Thanks.

Robustoma

I called and spoke to Gerry.  Very helpful.  Indicated that the halyard is fastened near the top of the mast, run to the block on the gaff boom, back to the block on top of the mast, straight down through the cheek block and then through the cam cleat.  Great customer service!