News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sail Slug Size and quantity For a CP19 Main Luff?

Started by Mattlikesbikes, June 19, 2013, 10:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattlikesbikes

Do any of my fellow cp19'ers know what size Sail Slug and screw on shackle you are using on your main? And how many I will need?

From doing some searches on here I found ½ inch round for the slug but not sure what length for the shackles

My main currently has the bolt rope and I would like to use the screw on shackles. I am not going to be able to get to the boat until this weekend to measure and would like to order them from sailrite today or tomorrow

Thanks

skip1930

I can see slugs up the mast. Nothing wrong with the 'bolt rope' on the boom. Why creat an air gap between the sail and the boom?

skip.

Mattlikesbikes

I want them for ease of raising and lowering the main.  I actually went to the boat and took the main down and ordered them from Sailrite. $21 shipped for what i needed  ;D

Mattlikesbikes

I went with the Screw on Plastic Shackle Wide 5/8" and Slug Nylon Round 1/2" from sailrite.com. I spaced them 24" apart and used 8.

I ordered Thursday from sailrite and had them at my house Saturday via usps.  Sailed today and everything worked out perfect.  I really do need new sails but for a $20( shipped) investment  I think it was worth it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bob23

Hi Matt:
   My 23 came with slugs and I love 'em. The main literally slides down the mast when lowered. I had them on my original sail and when I had sails made, I told the sailmaker I wanted them also. I only regret not switching to a loose footed main, but that's another story.
   I've dealt with Sailrite in the past...great people. They, like the Hutchins set the standard when it comes to customer service.
Bob23