Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Suncat Owner

Started by dlane83, April 25, 2013, 12:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlane83

Hello Fellow Suncat Owners,

I have been looking at catboats for several years and finally decided on, and bought, a Suncat.  During my deliberation, I posted a number of questions on this site and have appreciated the responses many of you have provided.  I was also fortunate to get a chance to sail a Suncat in Florida last winter thanks to Capt_Nemo who was nice enough to take me out for a sail without having met me beforehand.  Kudos Capt_Nemo!

I have found this site to be a great place to find information about Suncat maintenance and the various modifications many of you have made to your boats.   Since I have some of my own ideas, I look forward to seeing how they work on my boat                                   .

I look forward to sharing my ideas and to benefiting further from your thoughts and experiences.

In case there is any confusion, I have changed the name I use to post on this site to "CAT-MAN-DO",                                 x one more appropriate for an actual Suncat owner.

CAT-MAN-DO

tmorgan

Welcome, You have bought a great boat. It sails well and is easy to trail.  We love ours!

capt_nemo

CAT-MAN-DO,

Congratulations on your acquisition of a Sun Cat, and WELCOME TO THE SUN CAT FAMILY!

Glad to see that our sail last winter aboard Sun Cat "Frisky" contributed to your decision. I know you thought long and hard about a boat that had the potential to fulfill your dreams. IMHO, you chose well.

Like me, you now have a great boat on which you can try different ideas and mods to make her even better, and satisfy your fancy.

capt_nemo