a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

'82 Magic tilt winch seat

Started by Daydreaming, September 10, 2012, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daydreaming

Has anyone had to replace this item? I can't seem to find one.  Mine split, folded up.  I bought what I thought would work but it will require moving the post way forward or the boat way back.  It sits on three rollers now and I'm not too crazy about moving things around too much.  If I could find the proper replacement part, problem solved.  Thanks in advance.

Daydreaming

Daydreaming

I must be doing something right.  Today was my lucky day. ;D  After looking for months, internet, steel supply yards, welding shops, I decided to try one last place.  Showed them what I needed, they looked like  ???  and said I was welcome to look through the cut offs and there it was, three feet of square tubing, perfect size and thickness.  Galzanized too!  A few minutes with the plasma cutter and are you ready for this, 10 bucks later I had two 3' pieces ready for fabrication!  Ahhhhhh!  Thanks to all who took the time to read my post, I am sure you would have helped if you could have.  Happy trailering and sailoring!

Salty19

That's cool.  I imagine that part is not available off the shelf.  So custom would be the way to go.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603