a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Evacupiphanation

Started by CaptK, August 13, 2004, 11:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptK

Gonna head upriver with Epiphany today, find a little creek, and let Charley blow by tomorrow. Forecasted winds for Saturday here doubled in the 6 hours I slept this morn - now 30-40, gusts to 60, from a direction that will batter my marina. :shock:

Time to bug out for a couple of days. :)

Kurt
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Gil Weiss

Sorry to hear about the worsening conditions. Last year I pulled my boat for the season in mid September when a hurricane came up this way. Luckily it was not as bad as predicted.

Good luck on your trip.

Be safe . . . Gil

Bruce Woods

Old Charley got very powerful since I looked last. Category 4! 145 mph! what a spinning top that is!

Good luck everybody. My Sun Cat is on its trailer next to the garage...I guess I will see what I can to with tarps etc, and tying it down...but I really do hope that dang hurricane goes out to sea where it belongs!

What River is it that you are going up, Kurt?

CaptK

The Waccamaw River, which is also the ICW on that section. My sister has a house which sits on the old rice fields in Pawleys Island on the river, and I'll put down a few anchors in her little creek there. It's about as wide as Epiphany is long, has a mud bottom, and since the storm is getting here at low tibe, I think she'll be protected also by the banks on either side of her.

Turning around and getting out Sunday may be interesting though. :D
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Bruce Woods

Hey, I hope you don't get transubstantiated today! Looks like Winyah Bay and Murrell's inlet might be the target.

Best wishes. We are just getting rain starting right now.