Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Performance Trailer Coupler Height

Started by Vectordirector, August 20, 2012, 05:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectordirector

Hi all,
Looks like I will be taking delivery of my Eclipse tomorrow.  The boat is an hour away from me and and a half hour from the present owner's home.  I'm trying to figure out which draw bar drop I need.  Does anyone with the performance trailer know the coupler height off the ground?  I forgot to measure it when I looked at the boat.  My Jeep receiver is 19" off the ground.  My vague memory is the trailer is lower but how much?  I can always measure it and go to the store after we go to the DMV to transfer the title/plates.  

Thanks for any replys,

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Eagleye

Vectordirector ,

The top of the ball on my Toyota Highlander measures 19" from the ground and the Performance trailer seems to be somewhat level.    The trailer is pretty long so I'm sure a few inches either way won't matter much for your short trip.  Depending on how much the springs on your Jeep settle can make a difference also.   Once you get her home you can make adjustments as needed.
Best Of Luck,
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Glenn Basore

Congratulations on your boat.

My ball height is 19 inches on my stock 2006 Chevy Tahoe

Glenn

Vectordirector

Thanks guys.  19" seems to be the magic number.  Pics and info tomorrow.

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Vectordirector

Just for future reference if anyone needs it.  Towed her home today.  2" high ball on a 2" drop bar worked perfect on a 19" high receiver.

Vectordirector 
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold