a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

forum trouble

Started by MacGyver, July 30, 2012, 10:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Looks like more malware causing redirects again......anyone else have this issue when trying toget into the site?

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

MacGyver

When I enter thrum a old post I have no issues,....... but coming in thru main spot it does redirections 4 times.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Floridagent

I googled "boomkicker vs. lazy jacks" today in IExplorer. After reading a few citations I clicked on one purportedly from the CPYOA forum and it displayed "Java" and then bogus virus alerts were rampant.  IT is still cleaning my machine.  So far it detected one Trojan horse virus.  I assumed it was from the previous troubles but maybe not.
"Cay Cat"     (say "keycat")

fawsr

Just got my first warning this morning since last fix ... said this sight might contain malware.

Tim Gardner

I contacted CaptK about it - he's looking into it.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

CaptK

Affected files have been cleaned; asking for the site to be reviewed and the 'blacklist' notification to be lifted.
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Davo

I'm picking up some redirect viruses from this site still....although I still visit it frequently, ha.