a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

karma ratings

Started by bfelton, May 29, 2012, 10:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfelton

What do the karma ratings mean?  I, for example, have a " +0/-1."  Does this mean I offended some one or was it my spelling error?

Bert Felton

Salty19

There, I made the score even :)

Could have been anything from a errant mouse click to someone thought you were incorrect, gave bad advice, or for whatever reason a user had.
I wouldn't take them too seriously but if the score is +0 and -100, better not run for office :)

I personally see no reason for the -1...you've alright in my book!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Yeah, Burt.
  Indeed, don't take the Karmas too seriously. A few years ago, I was fartin' around with the mouse and I inadvertenly gave someone a negative by mistake. I practically couldn't sleep that night! Somoeone more competent that I managed to erase it. I slept well then.
  I never look at mine. Maybe I will sometime.
   Hey! I just found out the reason for your single negative. It seems you, when you were a newbee, never sent me the standard $5000.00 registration fee for joining the site. I can make that negative Karma disappear forever if I recieve the check by the weekend. To make it easier, I accept PayPay. If I don't recieve the $$, well, I can't be held responsible for any additional -. Of course, this is not a threat and certainly my NJ heritage shouldn't be interpreted as intimidating!
   Glad you're aboard!
Bob23

skip1930

It's an indication of the ideas and poster's popularity.
It's just kind of fun. If you agree with the post give 'em a +. If not then a -.
Other than that it means nothing.

skip.

bfelton

Thank you for the information.  I find the site extremely informative. 

Thanks,

Bert Felton

PS

Will a money order do?

Bob23

From you Bert- absolutely!
bob23