a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Florida 120

Started by crazycarl, May 23, 2012, 12:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

Just arrived home from Florida after sailing in the 120 Challenge.  I'll post more info with a link to pics and vids. 

Right now I just want to sleep....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Salty19

Can't wait to hear all about it!  I saw the pics on facebook, several were taken of your boat too.

There seemed to be a quite a few compacs at the event.  Horizon cat, Suncats, CP16's and CP19's.

We're planning on attending the event next year.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

carl glad to see you survived the 120, like mike i cant wait to see the pics and videos. you should have great stories to tell us in august. by the way we sailed day before yesterday on carlyle. winds were 15 to 20 out of the north. lots of waves and wind. put the rail in the water once. after about 4 hours i was ready for a nap.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

steve,  on the way home we passed your way.  i made a joking remark that we should give you a call and stop by for a sail.  joan was all for it!  i was so surprised, she's really starting to feel why i love this.  her only "complaint" is that she cannot stand up in the boat.  she actually said we should consider a larger one.  looks like a compac 27 is coming my way before this decade ends!

i'll write about the trip when i'm through with all the work i need to catch up on around the house.
until then, here is a link to my youtube site.  there are a few videos from the trip...

https://www.youtube.com/user/cea1960/videos

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

brackish

Your killing me Carl, I'm down in the area without my boat got a wedding and other family stuff so couldn't bring it down this time.  Missed the 120 and going to miss BEER.  Next year, doing both. 

Boy that GoPro does a good job, what model do you have and what mounting options do you have?