a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2012

Started by kickingbug1, January 04, 2012, 10:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

ok ill admit it. i officially miss sailing so with apologies to mike (salty 19) i formally invite any and all com-pac sailors to the 2012 carlyle lake rendezvous. i know its a bit early to start talking about plans etc. but i know many people have to get in vacation requests pretty soon. i dont know how many of last years attendees want to come back to beautiful southern Illinois  but you have to agree the facilities did work quite well. i will limit my posts (mike you know how i love to hear myself talk) to requests for information and possible dates. last year was august the 7th i think. although the fall months might be better sailing, swimming is also a concern. the raftups were fun to say the least. anyway let me hear from those interested and ideas to make it better. other than my lame "race" idea which wont happen again. i think we will just race from west access to hazlett. with prizes for the first three boats. as always sarah and i will do our best to make the trip a good one. fairwinds
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

I should really put this on my bucket list!
bob23

Greene

Actually it is nice to start working on dates for this amazing event as early as possible.  If it doesn't conflict with our daughter's wedding on August 25th, we'll certainly be there.  Heck, if Bob would actually attend I might even skip the wedding.  You only get so many chances to meet a true sailing legend. 

Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Bob23

True. But I wouldn't skip her wedding just to meet a true sailing bs artist.
Bob23

Salty19

lol...kick, post as much as you like about the CLR.  I'll keep my pie hole shut about the number of posts this year. What matters is a successful event.
Final word on the subject.

I have nothing to offer in terms of changes to the event.  All was perfect last year.  Any com-pac sailor within a few hundred miles of Carlyle Lake would have a blast if they attend.

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Lafayette Bruce

I would like to vote for September.  There is a better chance for good winds and September (especially early September) is still swimming weather for those that want to.  (Seem to me like since this is a sailing event, then sailing should trump swimming)  Who says boating season is Memorial day to Labor day.  I typically sail late March to mid November in northern Indiana, in fact plans are to road trip to Carlyle Lake March 16-18 with my local sailing club.
Lafayette Bruce
Lafayette Bruce

kickingbug1

bruce, september is by far better sailing, but with teachers in attendance it is pretty tough. when you come down sailing in march give me a shout and i can probably round up at least two other com-pac sailors for a mini rendezvous. which translates to sailing, dinner and a few drinks.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

bruce,

shut out to all before you go to carlyle.  i would love to sail in march.

steve,

joan and i will be touring the southwest the 1st 2 weeks of september, but don't let that stop you from scheduling the 'voo after labor day.
we can always drive down for a 3 day weekend to get together and rearrange the deck chairs.  ;)

carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

hey everyone, sarah and i figure on having the clr 2012 the first weekend in august. that would be the 2nd to the 6th. im hoping the "old guard" can all make it with some new attendees. last years event was great and we will do what we can to make this years meet even better.

Greene

Kick

We have it marked on the calendar and have started collecting ice cream buckets for brandy slushies.   We'll probably keep our time in Carlyle to Thurs, Fri, Sat and leave on Sunday this year.  (We will be using a lot of vacation time for our daughter's wedding).  Can't wait to see everyone again! 

Mike and Brenda
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

sailen69

Kick, Bruce,

I will be up to Carlyle Lake March 17-18 and August 2-6.

Hey Mike and B, are you guys taking reservations for rooms on your 23 yet?  Congratulations on your new boat.

Rich

kickingbug1

rich ill keep you posted on the dock situation. if we dont get flooded again this year maybe march will be ok. better bring a snow shovel.

Salty19

As I mentioned in my email Kick, it doesn't look like the CLR is in the cards this year for Becky and I.  Too many places to go and not enough time off to do it all.  So...ya'll have fun.  Watch out for lawn chairs, concrete walls and purveyers of moonshine!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

does a 23 have staterooms, a banquet hall and a lounge with bar? it better.see ya in august---bring friends

Bob23

Kick:
  The older 23's only had 1 bar. Mikes, and mine, have 3 full bars complete with barmaids. Standard factory issue. Plus a pretty big dance floor. Amazin' what Rich and Gerry can squeeze into a 23!
bob23