a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Anyone using WoodyWax on decks?

Started by brackish, December 06, 2011, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

I've been cleaning my decks with Starbrite non-skid deck cleaner with PTFE and i really like it, but want something that gives some UV protection without being dangerously slick.  Have seen some reviews that are favorable, wonder if any Com-Pac owners are using it with good results.

skip1930

I rub in several coats of MinWax once a season.
Seems to work and beads away the water.
Slowly doing all the CP-19 wood.

skip.

doug

I use woodywax and am happy with the results on non-skid. It is easy to apply, needs to be reapplied every couple of months and it protects from most stains (blood, bird dropping etc). You can use on stainless and non-skid. In my case I apply woody wax on the deck and stainless. Then if I have time I apply"standard" marine wax to deck not covered with non-skid and hit the stainless with stainless cleaner and wax. However, If i don't have time, I have found it acceptable to just to use the woodywax

brackish

Quote from: doug on December 06, 2011, 08:38:08 PM
I use woodywax and am happy with the results on non-skid. It is easy to apply, needs to be reapplied every couple of months and it protects from most stains (blood, bird dropping etc). You can use on stainless and non-skid. In my case I apply woody wax on the deck and stainless. Then if I have time I apply"standard" marine wax to deck not covered with non-skid and hit the stainless with stainless cleaner and wax. However, If i don't have time, I have found it acceptable to just to use the woodywax

Well think I'll give it a try.  Interesting that you sometimes wax the smooth portions of the deck, and Skip also.  I've considered that but worry about the differential slickness.  Seems like there will be times when your foot hits the waxed smooth portion.  Has that been a problem?

My boat stays in the water all the time with no cover.  I need to do something to protect from the inevitable chalking from the sun.

Glenn Basore

I use it as well and really like the easy application and the none slick surface it puts on.
Glenn B.