a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Compact Owners Ruth and Rich

Started by Rich, November 19, 2011, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Hello, what a fantastic website. We just bought our first Com-Pac 16 last week in NH, as a retirement gift. It is a 1978 that just underwent major surgery. The ballast was taken out, new added and re glassed. We just finished painting the cabin this week, never been painted and are planning to do more over the winter. We are enjoying all the veteran sailors comments and appreciate being associated with you. We are also known as R2! Have a great Thanksgiving!

jthatcher

welcome aboard!  do yo folks live in NH?   I used to sail with a friend on Winnipesaukee.   we are all looking forward to seeing pics!   jt

Mark F.

A warm welcome.  I think you will find your Compac 16 a very enjoyable boat indeed.  We've owned ours for about a year and have launched it about 30 times for day sailing on lakes and rivers.  It tows well, launches easily, and is quite forgiving to "learners" like my wife and me.  The biggest sailboat we owned prior to this was a Sunfish.  We've become a pretty good crew in just a year.

nicktulloh

Rich,

I drove up to look at that boat. Best of luck with it. Should be nice when it's done. Did you get the correct rudder? When he showed it to me he showed me the wrong rudder and called me later to tell me.

I'm in Durham. My 19/2 will be moored either in Durham on the Oyster River or just north of Adams Point.

R2

Thank you, yes we got the correct rudder and all. With a little elbow grease etc, it should turn out quite nice, I needed a winter/spring project. Rich

Salty19

Welcome, R2.  CP16's are fine boats indeed.  We had a ball on ours before moving up to the 19.  A perfect pocket Yacht in all respects.
Check out the posts on foiled rudders as a winter project.  Well worth the effort (make your own) or money (IDA-Ruddercraft). Can't stress this enough.

Enjoy her and count the days 'till spring!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603