a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

genoa fairlead

Started by B.Hart, June 25, 2005, 05:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.Hart

Went to the com-pac factory on tuesday :D  I orderd the track and fairleads for the genoa. [they are on back order from their supplier :cry: ]      The tracks will be placed on the cockpit coaming,then I  can finaly get some shape and control out of the big sail.     Also picked up a copy of handbook of trailer sailing,teeshirts,belts, and seen a eclipse.  the staff was friendly ahd helpful.

Gil Weiss

My dealings ordering parts from the ComPac factory over the phone and meeting their staff in person several times at various boat shows also confirms what great folks they are.

The entire ComPac community is made up of people all with a strong common interest.

B.Hart

The genoa tracks and fairleads arrived yesterday,now to get them instaled and GO SAILING. photos to come :D

multimedia_smith

I use the tracks and I'm sure you'll like 'em.  Back for light wind (maximum twist) and foreward as the wind increases (flatten out).
If you want to extend it all... all the way back.... you can replace the corner screw of the bracket that holds the bumper with an eyebolt.

http://www.com-pacowners.com/4images/details.php?image_id=481

B.Hart

I did get to use my new tracks last summer after installing them. It's so much better than tying off to the back cleat. Sorry i have not taken any new pictures :(  but I will be on the water soon. Happy sailing 8)