a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sunday Cat

Started by dlane83, October 31, 2011, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlane83

I am new to this site having joined today due to my interest in Com-Pac catboats and have browsed through many of the topics,  From what I have seen, it appears there is no specific section for the Sunday Cat.  Since the Sunday Cat is a relatively new boat, I assume there may not be a sufficient number of owners to warrant a separate section yet.  Can anyone tell me if they have seen any posts specifically about the Sunday Cat and if there will be a Sunday Cat section added for those owners?  Tks.

Tom Ray

Hi Diane,

There are not enough of them out in the world to warrant a separate section yet. The boat has been discussed here and over on the catboat forum at trailersailor.com. I think it's a great design, and would trade my blue Sun Cat for a Sunday Cat if I had the extra cash. It has the cabin that the Daysailer lacks and the HUGE cockpit that the Sun Cat lacks. What's not to love? ;)

CaptRon28

The 3 Sun based cat boats use the same hull, but with different deck and cabin arrangements. The specs are the same but the displacement probably differs somewhat. For this reason I would think that they could remain in one section. They are variations of the same Clark Mills boat. Many topics or questions that concern one will interest owners of the others.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Tom Ray

Sun Cat Trivia:

This is a 1970's vintage Sun Cat, built by the Sun Cat Company:

There will be a 1960's one at the Sun Cat Nationals. Unlike the Com-Pac boats, these old Sun Cats had no keel and twin bilge boards.

Even older, the guy who is bringing the 1960's Sun Cat is the owner of Sun Cat Hull Number Zero! That's right, the original Clark Mills prototype!

That one has no keel, but an ordinary centerboard in a trunk instead of the bilge boards.

They're all Sun Cats, and all are welcome to compete in the Sun Cat Nationals! :D