Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

com-pac 16 pictures

Started by jeremy, October 01, 2011, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremy

Hi,
Didn't know if there is a picture area in this forum? If not lets start one!  Post pictures of your boats here! Im sure we all would like to see them!

skip1930

jeremy here I can help out a bit. Go Goggle or ??? whoever Photobuck and sign up. It's free.

1~Pictures/photos/scans must be loaded on to a hoist. I scan from my computer, my pictures to my PHOTOBUCKET account.
--> http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/1930fordroadster/ <--
2~Above ever post, when composing...not saving, are two lines of symbols. Look at the bottom line. Note the second symbol from the left is a yellow beach w/black trees and blue sky.
3~Compose your post. Anywhere you want a photo to appear in the post, park the cursor there and lift click. A blinking cursor will appear.
4~Go to the second line and click on the beach/trees and sky symbol [icon].
5~You will see a  [ and img and ] and another [ and a fwd slash and another img and the last ].
6~I can't show you what to look for, otherwise when saved it will just be a box with a red X in it.  But I can explain it as done in line five above.
7~So you see a [ img ] * [ / img ]. without the spaces shown. That * is where you will copy and paste the DIRECT CODE for a picture that will be associated with every picture scanned into your PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT.
8~All other picture codes will result in no picture or a thumb nail or some other damn fool thing. Use the DIRECT CODE only.
9~Paste the code in where I put the * while you are composing your post. You will see the full DIRECT CODE from PHOTOBUCKET.
10~A multiplicity of photos can be had simply by clicking on the beach icon again. I usually put a blank line between photos posted and some times add captions.
11~And you can highlight all of the DIRECT CODES with there associated img's and on the top line of icons click the center button to center the pictures in the center of the post.
12~When saved your picture will be shown.

Clear as mud? Great! Since I am a mental midget it only took me three days of hair pulling frustration and cussing to figure this out.
But I know you'll do fine.

skip.

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

CADMAN

hI Skip,
Your description of how to post a photo is very clear but please could you clarify one difficulty I am having. After saving a photo to my Photobucket account how do you get the DIRECT CODE. I have tried clicking on the photo and I have seen the drop down box that then appears. All the codes listed are so small and greyed out that I cannot read them. Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work with any of the items in the drp down box and even when I manually type what I think might be the code (viewed with a magnifying glass on my screen) into the place you describe in the position of the blinking curser in my post, nothing happens. How do you get the photo to appear?
Ive tried following Tim Gardners description of how to do it but unfortunately the images on his post are so blurred that I cannot read the text.

Billy

should say "direct link" or "IMG code"

I use the IMG code and it works fine. Just copy the IMG code and then paste into the body of the post.

Like this!

easy easy
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

skip1930

With PHOTOBUCKET, open up your album. Click on that you want to 'View All' photos in the PHOTOBUCKET Album.

All the thumbnails will appear that make up the album.

Simply park your winking cursor on top of the thumbnail and quickly all the codes will appear under the thumb.
Click on the DIRECT CODE...you'll see the yellow word COPY appear and then fade out. Just as a precaution I go up to edit and also click COPY, but that is not necessary.

And last paste the copied code between the ing  ing  business that appears in the post from clicking the beach/trees/sky icon above your post.

See how that works. skip.