a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

loving the cp-16

Started by Craig&Lisa, May 08, 2005, 03:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig&Lisa

Hi all, it is the Lisa side of craig and lisa.  thank you to all who helped advise us over the last few months. we have enjoyed reading many of your stories and experiences. we have learned a lot, and have so much more to learn.....and loving every moment of it!
we have been having a tremendous time. craig is definately much quicker to learn...... i am timid in stronger winds.
who was out last sunday in pa? was it not incredible?! we were at marsh creek lake................looking foward to
nockamixon, and meeting some of you. lisa  

t

dgholmes

The Compac 16 is a sweet boat isnt she?  I am a new owner also and have only been out 4 or 5 times.  Every sail, I fall more and more in love with her.  I dont think there is a more beautiful boat.  

Glad you are having fun with yours.  She will definitely take care of you while you learn.  I had mine out Friday in 30 mph gusts and I was so impressed how she sailed except to windward.  I have been discussing that on the ComPac Yahoo message board and think I have that figured out.  I am buying an Idasailor foil rudder this week and think it will make a big improvement.

The only negative side that we can find with ours is the cabin headroom when using the head.  It is more a negative for my wife than me.  I dont mind having my head sticking out of the hatch while I go.  :)

Craig&Lisa

so, what do you think about a foil rudder for a novice sailor.........will it make a big difference? or do you need to be a bit more experienced to notice it?

yes..........she is a beauty isn't she? I too love her more each time we go out. lisa

dgholmes

Let me give mine a try first and I will let you know.  I am hoping to get it this next week.  I am working on my tabernacle mounting also.  When that is complete, I will take her out in a blow again and will let you know.  By what I have read on the net, anyone would notice the difference.

B.Hart

Sailed sunday here in beautiful florida,  :D   only one thing missing ..............WIND :(     a day on the lake is still better than being landlocked  will try again next week 8)  happy sailing

Gil Weiss

Re last Sunday (Mother's Day) in Pennsylvania, here is a reprint of a post on "the other CP board".

Date: Tue May 10, 2005  8:36 am
Subject: Re: Successful Launch(es) was "Off Topic"  ree5701
Send Email  

I'll have to 2nd that!!! As Gil said, it was VERY windy, and I know
that I would have probably ended up being blown into the shore or
the docks themselves if not for Gil and Carole's experitse!
Steppin'Up is a beautiful boat, and Gil has made some great
modifications that I hope to mimic on my boat. Can't wait to see
how his roller furler works! Their help and comradarie made it a
fun day! Just goes to show what great people are here on this
list!

Sailing......here we come!!!!

Ralph
CP16 #2245
"Patricia Lee"
www.sailaway.smugmug.com/boats

--- In com-pac@yahoogroups.com, "Gil Weiss" <gweiss@u...> wrote:
Just to let everyone know . . . Ralph met Gil and Carole yesterday
at Lake Nockamixon. It was cool and VERY windy but due to a lack of
other opportunites both the Patricia Lee and Steppin'Up needed to get
into the water for the new season.

With all three working together both CP16's were successfully
launched (bare poles) and motored into their respective marina slips. While thiswas not an optimal day for launching, care and team work made for a successful and enjoyable day.

Ralph did a terrific job on the barrier coat/ bottom painting of
his 1985 CP16. Both craft looked great sitting in their slips at the
end of the day and the owners were pleased to see them there awaiting a
new summer of sailing enjoyment.