a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2011 2nd Annual Sun Cat National Championship Regatta

Started by Tom Ray, April 19, 2011, 09:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Ray

The time has come to set a date for the 2011 Sun Cat Nationals. We had so much fun with the first one, we have to do it again! Race Committee Chairman, Chief Videographer, and Race Announcer Tom Scott has suggested October 29-30 over on the trailersailor.com catboat forum.

Last year, we had it in mid-November. I don't mind moving it up a couple of weeks to the October date this time. Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?

CaptRon28

Some of the snow birds may not be back yet. Since I'm keeping the Horizon up here in NJ, it won't concern me (unless you want a 28 Telstar racing with you). If I'm there, I'd like to sail over and help out maybe. Couldn't do it last year for medical reasons.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Tom Ray

That is a concern of mine. Last year, I set the date in mid November to avoid Halloween and Thanksgiving, and to make sure that senior Sun Cat sailor Joe would be back from New York. As it turned out, the date I picked conflicted with several things, and Joe showed up with leg problems that prevented him from sailing. I'm pretty sure that everyone who actually showed up was from Florida, except Charlie and Isy.

I don't have a problem with doing it earlier or later than last year, or with trying to match last year's date. There are problems and conflicts no matter which dates are picked. At this point, I just want to pick dates so that people can start planning.

CaptRon28

Tom -

I would think that mid-winter (Dec thru Feb) could work. That way you may be able to draw a few owners down from the north who are tired of shoveling snow. But - the last 2 winters in Charlotte Harbor have been colder and wetter than normal. Seems that you can't pick a perfect date. If it's between November and April, I would sail over and give some support if possible (photo's, video ?).
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Tom Ray

The date has been set: November 5th and 6th. Visit the Sun Cat Nationals website for the official Notice of Race.

Tom Ray

OK, Sun Cat Class competitors, the word has come down from SWMBO that we need a list of participants. I explained to her that it's pretty much the same as last year, only we probably won't have Larry, but may have Joe and will probably have Scott. Oh and Paul will have some sloopy thing instead of Sanura, but it's still pretty much the same!

I got the look after that explanation. She wants a list.

So please, get thee to the newly updated Sun Cat Nationals Registration page and make it official if you are coming!

Thanks,
TR, HJTIC, SC Nats

Tom Ray

2011 2nd Annual Sun Cat National Championship Regatta Roster

Sun Cat Class Racers and Alumni, please check the roster to ensure that you are registered for this weekend's fun and racing! :)

Tom Ray

Well, it looks like we will have 9 boats racing in the Sun Cat Class, joined by a Com-Pac 25. We are also concurrently holding the Horizon Cat Nationals with... uh... one participant. If he shows up in time this year. ;)

I think we should all be very proud of the good turnout in the Sun Cat Class, or perhaps all the other racing sailors on the harbor should be very ashamed. Either way, it's funny to me that ours is one of the largest class racing fleets on Charlotte Harbor. :D

brackish

Quote from: Tom Ray on November 04, 2011, 06:40:23 AM
Well, it looks like we will have 9 boats racing in the Sun Cat Class, joined by a Com-Pac 25. We are also concurrently holding the Horizon Cat Nationals with... uh... one participant. If he shows up in time this year. ;)

I think we should all be very proud of the good turnout in the Sun Cat Class, or perhaps all the other racing sailors on the harbor should be very ashamed. Either way, it's funny to me that ours is one of the largest class racing fleets on Charlotte Harbor. :D

Hey, have fun!

Not sure, but I think your Horizon Cat entry is having some kind of voodoo ceremony to cast out the evil spirits from his trailer.:)

Tom Ray

The Sun Cat Class has a new National Champion! Congratulations to Scott W in Suitsus!

The official 2011 Sun Cat Nationals Regatta Results have been posted. Lots of pictures are already over on trailersailor.com at the catboat forum. I will put more up, but first we have to do some fun sailing today! :D

Tom Ray