a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Proud New Owner of Com Pac 16

Started by frjeff, April 12, 2005, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frjeff

Thanks to everyone's help here and a long and tedious search, I have found and purchased a 1982 (humm # 1681) CP-16.

Bring it home on Friday morning.  :lol:

Needs bit if cuddy interior spiffing, refinish of tiller and motor mount, good cleaning and waxing of the hull and deck. But otherwise, a very excellent specimen for a 23 year old boat.

I'm thrilled and can't wait to get under sail!

Thanks to all who have provided input recently and in the past few years of posts (all of which have been soooo helpful.

Fair winds..........................  :D

Ralph Erickson

Congratulations!!!!

I just responded to your post in General Discussion asking if we thought the seller was asking a fair price.  Guess I was too late in responding, and glad I answered as I did!  What did you end up paying?

I am confident that you will be thrilled with your boat!  I bought my CP 16 last October.  These boats are a pleasure to sail. The stability is magnificent, and they just feel right when you get into the groove in a nice breeze.  

Well, enjoy!  Not sure if you are aware of the Com Pac group at Yahoo Groups.  Lots of us here are over there as well.  Great bunch of folks!

Ralph
CP16 #2245
"Patricia Lee"
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"
www.sailaway.smugmug.com/boats

Craig

Jeff,

Glad you found a 16! Post some pictures and let us see what you bought.

Craig

frjeff

Picture of her in the boatyard (awaiting my pick up) is posted at:

http://www.com-pacowners.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=1&page=3

Padre J  :lol:

Craig

Very nice! Keep us posted on upgrades and discoveries.

Craig

sawyer

Congrats Fr. Jeff, I can't quiet read the name "something Lady".  Will you rename it??  Looks like a nice boat, I'm sure you are thrilled with it.
I think part of the fun is learning about all the idiosyncracies of your new toy and making each one of them work in your favor.  I'm crazy about mine.   How about "Christian Soldier"  that was always one of my favorites.                             Doug

frjeff

Yes, we will rename.

Currently, "Mystery Lady".

I love the "Christian Soldier" suggestion.   :)

Would royalties be due if I used?

sawyer

No, that one would be a freebie.......

The shoe would seem to fit you, maybe you should wear it.

I'm leaning toward "MERRY SEA's" or "MERRY C's"after my wife,  

MERRY CHRISTINE CONRAN-COBB

That is currently on the burner, but I have other names in mind too.  I was in the dog-house when I bought it, got stuck over in the Lansing area and was supposed to meet wife and friends for dinner, no cell phone, was just looking and ended up dragging the CP-16 in the yard at 10:30 pm.

Have since purchased the cell phone for just those type emergencies.

Use the name if you like, I would be honored......           Doug

sawyer

Maybe that did not make any sense,  [/b]DOGHOUSE was the other name.
Doug

B.Hart

welcome to the 16 club :D hope you have many years of sailing her, seems every one falls in love with the lines, then finds out they are greatboats.   happy sailing 8)

frjeff

Brought the new boat home Friday morning (tows nicely) and began my "messing about with boats".
Removed all of the PO's color scheme (brown and pumpkin orange - YUK) and have lightly compounded the hull. Havn't begun anything topside or inside yet, nor bottom. Below the waterline I have only found one small scuff. Easy job.
Above the waterline there are but three very tiny "chips" in the gellcoat. Too small to patch and sand. They must make a tiny bit of Gellcoat with an applicator like nail polish. They just needs a dab. Any thoughts?
The new color scheme will be Forest Green and her new name is "Celtic Knots". My roots are Ireland, I am a bit of an Irish history buff and my church is named after the legendary, seafaring Irish Saint Brendan the Navigtor. Seemed appropriate to me.
I'll post some pics when there's more to see...............
I'm in love again and I havn'e even sailed her yet ..............!!!!!!!!   :lol:

Craig Weis

Yes West Marine has a tube of gell coat chip repair that is applied, dried, and compound rubbed into a near perfect repair. I used it on a few stress cracks a season ago. Still OK.