a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Could This Be the Boat?? - Help Please

Started by frjeff, April 11, 2005, 06:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frjeff

Local area (central TX) - 1982 CP-16, trailer (tilt), danforth, good tires, bearings, standing rigging 2 years old, sails decent (2 or three years at least left), hull and deck condition good (rub out and polish needed), older 3HP outboard that runs well, cabin needs cleaning and refurb, electric running lights and cabin lights, gel battery, etc, etc.
Believe I'm able to get between $2500 - $2700.

Should I ? - the pricing seems good. They were asking $3470, but I've been negotiating and today he said let's talk "we can likely do it about that number."

Sound OK???

Ralph Erickson

That's not too bad a price, if you ask me.  Just for comparison, I bought a 1985 CP16 last October for $2,900.  Mine came with a fairly new 4hp Mariner engine, trailer in great condition, sails only used 4 seasons, and the boat was clean as a whistle. However, no accessories (no anchor, no battery, etc.)  While searching for a boat, I saw all prices.  $2,500 seems about right.  

Good luck!
Ralph
CP16 #2245
"Patricia Lee"
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"
www.sailaway.smugmug.com/boats

dgholmes

www.nadaguides.com says $2000 to 2400 for 1982 not including a motor.  I bought a 1983 without a motor for $2200.   I have seen the same boat sell for $3400.