a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2011

Started by kickingbug1, December 02, 2010, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

i know this is premature and probably not a good time (giving the impending christmas season), but i would like some input regarding a possible clr 2011. i think we could possibly make some changes to make things better than last time. a lot depends on how high the lake is. if its normal pool a beach party is a possiblity and maybe a circumnavigation of the lake. ive done it in a day. the regular crew of sailors were great but the more the merrier. anyway as usual ill do what i can to make it a great time. think about what you want and what works. you all know more about the area and lake conditions. im thinking more water cannons and more frozen grog. and more pink shirts. safe travel to all
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Greene

Kick,

You are a glutton for punishment aren't you.  We certainly enjoyed the CLR 2010 just as it was.  Everyone seemed to be happy just keeping it informal and not scheduled to death.  A few organized places to meet and a general plan for sailing/rafting up makes it a fun event. 

If you come up with a potential date, let us know.  B and I would love to come down again as long as it doesn't interfere with our friend's Poker Run On The Lake.  They are still mad at us for missing it last year when we came down for the CLR.  B says she will rent a cabin again if the dates work out. 

We'll come armed with just our wimpy little water shooter, but fully stocked with Brandy Slushes (We went through 9 quarts last year!).  If the CLR doesn't come together for 2011, maybe we'll just rent the cabin anyway and come down to sail for the week.  Either way we hope to see you two this summer.  We could double date in your 52 Ford pick up!  It will be just like high school.

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

kickingbug1

interesting that you brought up the 52. today sarah had her first ride in it. pretty cool with no fenders, hood, bed or bumpers. i do hope to have the bugger done by summer ( i should). if nothing else it will be a good photo op with a com-pac in tow. as to the clr, yeah you can organize something to death thats for sure, and the little bit that sarah and i did was easy enough. i thought that if you brenda or the old crew could think of a way to make it better--we sure have time to do so. as to dates, we can handle anytime i think (pending family (hers) plans. i know doug has to put in for vacation pretty early which is why i threw this out at this early date. whatever happens we will try to make everyones trip worth it. what a great group of people and i still cant get over the dvd.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Douglas

We are interested in the cir 2011.  We live in Clinton, IA and would like to come down for the event.  We have a Com-Pac 16 II.  Would like information about the lake if possible. 

Thank You!
Doug Blue

DOUG142

Kick and all,

How about the week , er weekend of July 22 through 28th.  We are trying to get a cabin also.  I need to know so I can put dates in for time off.

these date would cover the 4th weekend in July FRIDAY, SAT< SUNDAY for those making it only for the weekend and more for those hanging around later for more ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!
We have snow falling pretty hard right now here in SE Wisconsin.

Doug and Linda
s/v Sweet Dreams
CP 19
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

sailen69

Ah... I see the signs of deep winter at hand.  My boat tucked in storage for the winter.  Some end of season projects done, some not.  Dreaming of working on them when the weather starts to break and wishing for an early spring with good wind!  Finally with nothing but darkness at hand when I get home from work, it is my annual time to hibernate inside and read up on CPYOA site.  I am glad to see the suggestion for a rendezvous in 2011.  My contact information is the same and you can count me in.  I will keep up on the changes and look forward to sailing any time in 2011!  All the best in 2011!

DOUG142

Rich,
Glad you are going to make it to the CLR 2011.  Happy New Year!
Anything we can do to help you make this the best rendezvous ever let us know.  Questions or ideas, post here.
See ya there.
Doug and Linda
Sweet Dreams, CP-19
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/