Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 27/3 ??

Started by knb53, August 08, 2004, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knb53

Greetings!

I am a new owner of a 1989 Com-Pac 27, hull #118.

A few weeks ago when I raised the main sail for the first time I noticed that it had "27/3" on it.

I emailed Com-Pac and received a reply that there was, in fact, a 27/3 in the past, but they did not elaborate.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Keith B.

spaul

Keith, some of us cp27 owners have been discussing this topic on the Yahoo forum. I had a discussion with Gerry Hutchins last week. His reply was the " 27/3 denotes a change to all stainless hardware vs. the older navel bronze ". In following a few posts it appears that planning a change like this vs. ordering marked sails may be the culprit. I have a '92 27/2 with original sails that read 27/2. So go figure. Has your sail been replaced at some point with the newer version? Mine is original has been used very little. My former owners went for a new set of North sails chose not to use the sail flaking feature but lazy jacks. ???
Unless we drill Hutchins, we may never know the answer since 27/2-3 production is by order only I suspect keeping inventories may be part of the issue.
By the way, it's a great boat and gives us lots of pleasure. I find most of the boaters at our club like her lines and roominess. She also sails very well and very comfortably.
Steve Paul
IM PAUL SIVE

knb53

Steve,

Thanks for getting back with me... I was actually the one who posted the same question on the Yahoo site and have been following that very interesting discussion along.

I really like the Com-Pac.  My wife and I are new sailors, and it feels like a really stable boat.

What is the relationship if any between this site and the yahoo discussion group?  The latter seems to get more traffic at this point.  Is there hopes of a transition over to this site?  Is it ok to post the same question to the both sites?

Thanks again for your reply.  I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Keith