a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

rollers on my trailer

Started by curlylarge, October 06, 2010, 03:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curlylarge

hello I have not had my cp16 for that long, but each time I've launched and retrieved on the trailer it is not what I call easy! trouble is I cant find if the trailer is right, it's a magic tilt type but it has 3 rollers 2 are close together the first part is fine but the next roller is far enough forward that the front of the keel drops down in front of the roller so I have lift the front the boat, i feel the winch is going to break if i keep on doing this, if anyone could point me in the right direction or some pictures of your trailer set up maybe i can sort this problem, as the last 2 two times I have been up to my waist trying get the boat on the trailer properly and that spoils a great day out

Billy

1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

curlylarge

thanks that is great help, after a weeks worth of looking it seems the winch had been moved down the trailer now all adjusted and it works so much better also i found a much better slipway with much more shelter and parking here in the UK its always crowded by the sea when its a good day, still i will be lifting the boat off the trailer for the winter as the trailer need some TLC. 

Pacman

I too prefer a plank to rollers.

However, I have found that an uncovered treated 2X10 is quite slippery when wet so I wet it just before retreival.

This works better than the rollers did and now the load is more evenly distributed along the length of the keel.

Sometimes the simple solution is the best.
Com Pac 16: Little Boat, Big Smile

kickingbug1

i made "skids" between the rollers----problem solved
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"