a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

head count for the rendezvous

Started by kickingbug1, July 05, 2010, 11:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

if i could get a head count for those attending the carlyle rendezvous i would appreciate it. i need it mainly to know how much food to order for the saturday party. thanks to all and see ya this week. damn this week, i better get busy
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

Well, Kick:
   I ain't gonna make it. Between work, a funeral service, baby sitting my mom and, of course, sailing, there is just no way I can make it out thar. I was really looking forward to meeting some of you characters in person for sure but it just isn't gonna happen. Drink some cold ones for me and please extend my wishes for a great weekend. I heard through the grapevine that Mike Greene is going to bring some of his tools out and put everyone to work! Watch out!
Best,
Bob23...stuck in the Garden State.

Greene

Brenda and I will certainly be attending this star-studded event. 

Bob,  Sorry to hear you aren't going to make it.  We were looking forward to meeting the guy who has made us laugh so many times this winter.  I guess we'll just have to keep teasing you long distance. By the way, when did you say you were going to post pictures again?

No I won't be starting any work parties during the CLR, although I do have all the pinstripe and waterline tape removed and could use some help applying the new colors.  Nah, we'll just sail her nekid.  She isn't a shy boat

See you all Thur-Fri.

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

DOUG142

Steve,
Linda and I are packed and ready to head South to Carlyle Lake 2010 Com-pac Rendezvous.
See ya there.
Doug
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

botelerr

Steve - not going to make it,, heading to Wisconsin for the family reunion....Rob .................19-St Louis................. it will be hot

DOUG142

Bob23,
Really sorry that your not able to make it to the rendezvous at Carlyle Lake.  Was looking forward to meeting you.  Know it would have been a very long trip for you.  We will have a couple drinks for you and to your work on the famous foiled rudder. 

Doug and Linda
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

Bob23

The only way (a long shot) is if I could con my brother in law into flying out there in his new Glastar. Are there small airports nearby? Now, I am getting desparate! He's in Alaska now...don't know if he'll even be back in time. Wonder if he'd mind if I borrowed his plane? How hard can it be, right?
Bob23

Greene

Well Bob if you can use planes, trains, and automobiles to get to Carlyle we will certainly pick you up.  We would have a spare bedroom in the cottage or the 19 has berths available.  Anything we can do to convince you?

Mike and B
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Bob23

If you can send Scarlett Johansen out to pick me up in her private limo, that would help. Actually, no, I think she's a bit stuck-up. But I'm open minded- I'll take the ride if she shows up.
I'd love to be there but there's a bit too much going on, although I am serious about the plane trip. If my bro in law is back, he might just go for it. If not, maybe we can at least communicate via cellular telephone. And, yeah, MG- I can operate a cell phone and- get this- I can even send pictures and texts. Whoa! Bob23 hits the big time with modern technology. Of course, I do have a rotary cell phone! 
Bob23

noble

Steve,
Jane and I are going to be there.  Taking the 16 out tomorrow on Crab Orchard Lake for one final time before heading up to Carlyle on Friday morning.  I still need to go to the range and sight in the water canon.......

Also, my sister will be joining for Friday evenings activities. 

See you Friday,

Noble and Jane

Salty19

Add two more for chicken and fixins'.

Bob, sorry you can't make it.  We'll have a cold one in your honor.

Here's who has confirmed either here or earlier.  

kb1---Two
Doug142-Two
Salty-  Two
Noble- Two
Greene-  Two
John J -  One
rwdsr-Three
sailen69-One, but haven't heard from him in awhile.

That's food for 15 people including sailen69
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

i think we will good to go. we have chicken and potato salad for 18 which we will pick up at carlyle at 6p on saturday. sarah will bring the necessary things to fix a tossed salad for everyone and we will have some beer and soda on ice (which will have to be replenished from time to time if all goes well). bretz winery is set for between 15 and 20 people at 645 pm on friday night. i took my duracraft and scouted some possible raft up sites. i figure one just east of southshore swimming area anchoring in about 7 feet of water or less. it does have rip rap on the south side but offers a great view of the lake (other sailors etc.) with b rooms near the beach. the other site is a small cove on the southside of allens branch. i dont know if you remember but there is a pavillion picnic tables bathrooms and a fishing dock. i went into the cove which is about 8 to 10 feet deep now but no problem with rip rap should a boat get loose. in fact the boats could be beached and tied ashore (i made stakes for that purpose). down side no beach and no real view of the lake. i thought if we pick the south shore we could just sail a straight shot to the raft up. if we pick the cove at hazlett then we could just make a lazy circle of the lake. i will have simple maps for everyone on friday night and we can put our heads together then. also we can figure out the communications (so everyone bring the radios they have to the meet and greet. i bought some stick on labels for friday night as well (im old i might forget my own name) if i think of it i will put a sign on our meeting room door. im hoping i have thought of everything. make sure to bring your cameras and lots of sunscreen. im figuring someone will have the music situation for saturday night. im pretty much in the dark ages from a technological standpoint. cant wait to meet you all .  steve and sarah
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rwdsr

Hi All,
Regrettably, after months of planning, and looking forward to getting on the lake and meeting all of you, life has gotten in the way and I won't be able to get to the meet.  I'm really, really disappointed.  Several things that took a lot of money conspired to knock me out of the trip this year, and the final ax fell today.  I hope that by the time we get to do another one that things will have gotten back to normal enough to allow me to make it.  Best wishes to all.
BobD 
1978 AMF Sunfish, Sold, 1978 CP16 #592, "Sprite" - Catalina 22 "Joyce Marie"http://picasaweb.google.com/rwdsr53/Sailboats#

DOUG142

BobD,
Really sorry to hear yor not going to make the rendezvous this year.  We understand, and wish you all the best wishes.  There WILL be more Midwestern
Com-Pac Yachts Rendezvous and your invited to them all.  Hope to see ya soon and smooth sailing to ya.
Doug and Linda Martindale
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
CP-16
Summer Escape

kickingbug1

we are very sorry you cant attend. life has a way of getting in the way. i hope we can post a number of pics for other compac owners to see and maybe be inspired to have a rendezvous in their neck of the woods. we will hoist a few in your name.