a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Ultimate Passage, an endorsement

Started by brackish, April 22, 2010, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

Living in an area where everything marine has to be ordered online, I am rarely impressed with service.  Ultimate Passage was an exception.  I needed to order a tiller pilot and a C-Max c-card for my GPS,  two relatively expensive items.  Shopped a half dozen sources and Ultimate Passage clearly had the lowest delivered price.  However, I had to ask a question about one of the items, so I emailed them at about 10:00 PM.  When I went to the computer the next morning at approximately 6:00AM my answer was there.  The C-card was not in stock, something I expected so, I emailed to get an expected delivery.  Had an answer in five minutes. 

So I placed the order.  Five minutes later I get a call from Lisa politely asking if I was sure about the C-card format, wanting to make sure that my GPS took that format and not SD.  I had researched it and was sure, but it was nice to have a supplier actually check.  Most would just let you make what would be an easy mistake to make.

Order came quicker than promised and complete.

I'll be back.

http://www.ultimatepassage.com/

Billy

good to know, and west marine is so over priced
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

newt

I checked their prices, about on the level with Defender. Pretty good :)

brackish

Quote from: newt on April 23, 2010, 12:56:23 AM
I checked their prices, about on the level with Defender. Pretty good :)

On the two items mentioned above the delivered difference in the price compared to Defender was a total of $40.  About $75 difference compared to West Marine.  Very good.  Thing is, all things being equal, their service and response time was excellent.