a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP16 mast???

Started by Yairi1, February 01, 2005, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yairi1

My recently acquired CP16/3 has a bit of damage to the rigging which requires me to replace the mast.  Compac wants $365 for a new stick!!!  
Judging by their prices on other items, I assume one can be had for less.  Does anyone know of a source for a new aluminum mast?

tsaiapex

If ComPac only charges you $375 for the mast, grab it!  I bet they did not include the shipping charge which is just about as expensive as the stick itself.

One more place you may want to try and is in driving distance is Charleston Spars in Charlotte, NC who supplies rigging for ComPac.  If you can find out the cross section type and length from ComPac (who used to do business with Dwyer), Charleston Spars can give you a good price and you can pick it up.  Just make sure to tell you you want an anodized extrusion, not raw extrusion.  

The extursion will come as it, no holes, no wires, and nothing.  You will need to do all of them yourself.  I believe that is also the case if purchased from ComPac.

Good luck.

Craig

I believe your mast was manufactured by Dwyer Mast.  Try contacting them.

http://www.dwyermast.com/

Craig

Yairi1

Yep, Hutchins seems to be the right place to go for a new stick.  $365 complete (including spreaders, hardware.), from Dwyer.  Shipping is $140 to SC.

Ouch.