- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

carlyle lake rendezvous 2010 latest info

Started by kickingbug1, January 06, 2010, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Bob,

Gas from NJ:  $400.00 @16mpg and $4.00 gas
Accomodations: $300.00 (or $80 if you camp out)
Food:  $150.00
Beer, rum, Tequila and ice:  $100.00 :)
Rendezvous T-Shirt:  $20

Spending a long weekend with midwestern Com-pac owners (read the friendliest group you'll ever meet):  Priceless!

On another note...call me this weekend if you want to walk through posting photo's (you should have my number from email). 

The reason I say this is Koinonia told me last night she's upset that you have not shown her off on the forum yet.    She said she would put on her best dress for such an occasion.  By the way she's excited to go sailing and asked me to tell you she needs some polishing and wax this year.  She didn't want to ask you what with the new tail feathers you're giving her this year, but having turned 26, she's worried how she'll look around the younger sailboats in Barnegat.   I shouldn't have send her a pic of Island Time after her spa treatment.  Sorry about that.  Figured she would be happy to see her baby sister all dressed up...

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Koinonia replies"
   "Thanks for those cost estimates but due to Bob23's excessive drinking habits, that may be the highest line item for the trip! JK. He's not that much of a drinker, can't hold his liquor that well- a real party animal! His numbers would probably look like this: Gas- $375.00   Accomodations: $100.00    Food- $5000.00    Beer, rum, Tequila and Ice- No limit, please.   T-shirt- $100.00 (He'll buy some extras for friends at home.
   Thanks also for passing along my complaint to the dense captain. He hasn't spent much time with me this winter- works alot, and I can't blame him for this next one- his father in law, the famous skipper Otto Hansen has had a few health issues so he's needed time. Dense, yes. Unfeeling, no.
   But even though I'm turning 26, when hit the water, heads turn and jaws drop. True, I don't look like the Speers and Lohans of the boat world but, when you look like Ingrid Bergman, who cares? Of course, I have to tone it down a bit; don't want to be known as a home wrecker.
   I know that if Bob23 attends, I won't be coming with him. At my age, I just don't feel like making the trip. True, I know he'll be sailing on other boats, maybe younger boats, but I don't worry- he's as true blue as they come!
   Yours,
Koinonia   

Salty19

Koinonia-We'll miss you at Carlyle and promise to take good care of Capt. Bob while he's charting unplotted waters in a strange land-of-lincoln,  taking on an unlimited amount of rum and tequilla through his scuppers.   

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Thanks.
   He's known as a trouble-making rable-rouser in some parts. Keep an eye on him. If you see him flirtin' with a Flica, you be sure and let me know, ok? I've seen him eyeing one up back East here. He doesn't know how good he's got it with me!
K

DOUG142

Bob,
I gotta love the breakdown of expenses for the carlyle rendezvous.  Esp. the t-shirts amount....buying some for folks back home..GREAT!!! order online now.
At zazzle dot com
Do search for doug142water
You'll find the shirts and mugs there under 2010 Carlyle or compac.  Make sure you get the 2010 ones not the 2008 one.  That is unless you want one of those also.   smile.
Looking forward to seeing ya there.
Doug
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/