Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Started by jgsharpe, November 25, 2009, 07:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgsharpe

Just want to say hello and Happy Thanksgiving.  I recently purchased a 1981 Com-Pac 23 and have her slipped in Lake Lanier, GA.  The launch and maiden voyage included my wife, her Mom (in her 70's) and my Dad, who just turned 90.  It was a great day sailing, and we look forward to many more.

Thanks to all who manage and participate in this list, I know it'll be a great resource for us.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeff Sharpe
Stone Mountain, GA

'Some Day'   Com-Pac 23   1981   Hull #164
Sabine Bay Marina     Pensacola Beach, Florida

edbuchanan

Hi Jeff,

Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving.  Congratulations on buying yourself a fine little ship, I'm sure you'll have many years of fun.  Does she have a name?

Ernie (Molly 23/II, 1984)

brackish

Welcome Jeff and crew, glad to have you aboard.

I bought my boat this past summer and found this forum to be of great help in making the decision to buy and then in those many questions with an unfamiliar boat.  Browse the various topics and you will find a wealth of knowledge and if it ain't there just ask.

Frank 2

jgsharpe

Thanks!

She came with the name 'Some Day'.  Maybe someone on this list knows this one, she was out of SC, then later in NC where I found her and brought her to  GA.  I'll have her home for a couple months later this winter for the usual chores, and maybe a name change.  I've already seen so many great ideas on bottom painting, trailer mods, wiring, etc. that are on this list, I'm actually looking forward to the work.

Hoping for fair weather this weekend on the lake, and for you all.

Jeff

BTW - this was a step up from a Victoria 18, which I will reluctantly put up for sale soon. 
'Some Day'   Com-Pac 23   1981   Hull #164
Sabine Bay Marina     Pensacola Beach, Florida

HideAway

Welcome aboard Jeff

I like this site a lot because of what you can learn and people you meet and the stories you'll read-  Its all good

Your Victoria 18 is a great boat too but I think you'll find the Compac more livable.  Matt
SV HideAway Compac 23 Hull #2
Largo, Florida
http://www.youtube.com/SVHideAway
http://svhideaway.blogspot.com/

newt

I have had a few little Yachts, but the CP-23 has to be my favorite. Very salty, fun to singlehand overnight in.

B.Hart

Welcome Jeff, I know you'll be thinking about sailing while eating turkey. Happy Thanksgiving   BILL

nies

Jeff, welcome , remember " Its hard to soar like a eagle, when you work with turkeys "  or " Its hard to sail like a eagle, when your full of turkey"....have a great  Thanksgiving........Phil