a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Main Traveler

Started by Surfrdie, November 24, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfrdie

Just got my 81 com pac 16 and have a lot of questions.

Tiller was off, what is the length of the original ?
Are you using an outhaul, cunningham and vang ?

Whaty type of , if any , main traveler do you all prefer for the com pac 16?  I have seen many different assemblies.

Replies appreciated.

Steve Ullrich

Welcome!

Tiller information (Style B):

http://www.idasailor.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=750&osCsid=ab3ee909913e9c789354da46309e6454

No traveler necessary. Outhaul, yes, block at end of boom to turn line to a cleat on the boom. No cunningham on mine.

Again, welcome to the user group.

Steve

Quote from: Surfrdie on November 24, 2009, 07:50:54 PM
Just got my 81 com pac 16 and have a lot of questions.

Tiller was off, what is the length of the original ?
Are you using an outhaul, cunningham and vang ?

Whaty type of , if any , main traveler do you all prefer for the com pac 16?  I have seen many different assemblies.

Replies appreciated.
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

screeminbob

Hi,
I just purchased a nice system from Gaurhauer. I got the Swivel base Cam with Stand Up block and Becket, a Double Block and a Stand Up single Block (all series 25), all for $140. Just the Ronstan Svivel base with block alone was $130.
Bob
1988 CP 16/2
Cosmos

kickingbug1

i had a vang on my 81 for a while but i couldnt see much advantage to i took it off to simplify things when rigging. a good friend and expierenced sailor of a 16 doesnt have one on his either. i have never reefed the main. my 81 is set up to reef rolling the sail on the boom (kind of a pain singlehanded).
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

B.Hart

Welcome surf, factory is boom end outhaul, I also have a vang but have never used it.  HAPPY COM-PAC SAILING  BILL